Thursday, October 2, 2008

Fossils, Ancient Geography and Youtube

"I'm a stud!" boasts the balding hippy-like professor that I watch with little amusement from the back of the class. He's wearing a worn out and faded blue t-shirt that coincidently just happens to have a skeletal replica of a trilobite (don't ask me how I know, I'm in geology class HA) with long shorts and a hint of a stain on his right thigh. How someone can be so excited over the history of rocks, still amazes me, but more props to him to have the patience to teach this stuff. I continue to look up from time to time to make sure he thinks I'm paying attention and taking notes but little does he know of what I'm actually doing. A slight grin grows on my face as I look around at all the other students that decided to follow in David's trend of bringing a laptop to class and I watch as everyone surfs the net and pretty much not zoning out as well. I peek over at David's laptop and notice that he is watching surf videos on Youtube. I really am listening but it sounds like pig latin to me. The sequence of discussions are as follows: information RAMMED in your face and then 20 mins of tangents, more information with a mixture of tangents that are completely irrelevant and then I kind of zone out during that part. But today, I'm especially tired of listening to his voice and have succeeded in tuning him out completely for the time being. I don't appear to be conspicuous FUCK i just got the hiccups! DAMN! OK they're gone. phew.

I need a printer of my own. It was a pain in the ass to get my papers for my fossil project printed out before class. Bleh. I'm kind of looking forward to the 3 day field trip for this class to the Mojave desert. I've never camped out in a tent before so it should be exciting.

Guess I'll start listening now.

Luann

No comments: